GROSS VEHICLE MASS (GVM)
The GVM is the maximum weight that a truck can carry including its own weight. This is the maximum or total weight of a loaded rigid vehicle (including body, payload, fuel and driver). It is a figure set by the manufacturer and is lodged with registration authorities and governs all applications and is stamped on the compliance plate of the vehicle (also referred to as GVW or Gross Vehicle Weight). This does not include the weight of a service body or any other additions to the vehicle chassis. For further information regarding service body wieghts, please contacts us ysing the details on our contact us page.
Below are the ranges of GVM for each of the key Isuzu Truck Range
- N-Series GVM: 4,500kg to 8,700kg
- F-Series GVM: 10,400kg to 26,000kg
- FX-Series GVM: 16,500kg to 24,000kg
- FY-Series GVM: 30,000kg to 35,000kg
- Giga Series GVM: 24,000kg to 26,000kg
GROSS COMBINATION MASS (GCM)
The GCM is given for the total weight a truck can carry and tow. This is the maximum weight of a loaded articulated vehicle or combination vehicle such as a prime mover with semi-trailer and / or trailers (also referred to as GCW Gross Combination Weight).
- N-Series GCM: 7,000kg to 12,200kg
- F-Series GCM: 15,000kg to 36,000kg
- FX-Series GCM: 36,000kg to 42,500kg
- FY-Series GCM: 42,500kg across the range
- Giga Series GCM: 50,000kg to 70,000kg